Test your knowledge of Windows 10 for future certification exams
Microsoft’s Windows 10 is swiftly and surely replacing its predecessors — both reliable warhorse Windows 7 and the ill-fated Windows 8 — on desktops, laptops, and tablets alike. The takeover is far from complete, but we are approaching the point where it will be next to impossible to find a workplace in which it is not necessary to support the most current Windows OS.
While the CompTIA A+ certification exams do not currently test exam takers’ knowledge of Windows 10, it is an excellent bet that they (and other similar exams) will be revised with the use of rolling updates in the very near future. The following 25 questions focus on basics of Windows 10 and allow you to test your knowledge of this iteration of everyone’s favorite OS.
A follow-up consisting of 25 more difficult questions will follow next month. Check your answers below. Good luck!
1. Which of the following versions of Windows 10 support Group Policies? (Choose all that apply)
2. Which of the following versions of Windows 10 support AppLocker and allow you to control which files and apps users can run? (Choose all that apply)
3. Which of the following versions of Windows 10 support both remote desktop and Windows to Go? (Choose all that apply)
4. Which Control Panel applet/utility/feature can be configured to save files to two or more drives and thus protect data in the event of a drive failure?
A. Storage Spaces
B. Duplex Manager
C. Drive Keeper
D. Backup Provider
5. Which feature of Windows 10 allows you to login using fingerprint or facial recognition?
D. Windows Hello
6. Which feature of Windows 10 supports the use of the pen device to make notes, mark up text, and interact with applications?
A. Windows Ink
B. Windows Tablet
C. Windows Write
D. Windows Sketch
7. The default/recommended browser included with Windows 10 is:
A. Internet Explorer 10
B. Microsoft Edge
C. Microsoft World
D. Windows Hello
8. What is the minimum amount of free hard drive space needed for a 32-bit installation of Windows 10?
9. Instead of a 32-bit installation of Windows 10, what is the minimum amount of free hard drive space needed for a 64-bit installation?
10. Which of the following statements is true?
A. Snap is limited to only 1 app in tablet mode.
B. When upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10, any existing desktop gadgets will be removed.
C. During an upgrade to Windows 10, all OneNote entries are converted to Journal entries.
D. Windows 10, through OneDrive, now supports placeholder files.
11. Which of the following operating systems can upgrade directly to Windows 10 Pro? (Choose all that apply)
A. Windows 8.1 Pro
B. Windows 7 Ultimate
C. Windows 7 Home Premium
D. Windows 7 Home Basic
E. Windows 7 Professional
12. Carlos is new to Windows 10 but IT has assigned him a laptop with it installed. When he first starts the computer, which screen is displayed?
13. To open a large thumb-nail view of all the open windows and running apps on the desktop (and switch between them), a user should select which button?
C. Action Center
D. Task View
14. Which of the following display frequently accessed files or locations and common tasks?
A. Snap rolls
B. Quick access
C. Jump lists
15. Which of the following steps can be used to add a tile to an existing tile group?
A. Drag the tile until it overlaps an existing tile in the group you want to add to and then release it.
B. Point to an area above the tile group until the context menu appears and then click Add Tile.
C. Click the tile group title bar and then, while continuing to hold it, drag the new tile into it.
D. Right-click on the tile group and choose Create New Tile For Group and then assign the existing tile.
Please visit GoCertify to attempt the remaining 10 questions of this quiz.
1. B, C and D
2. C and D
3. C and D
11. A, B and E