These questions are based on 1Z0-045 – Oracle Database 10g DBA New Features for Oracle8i OCPs.
Objective: Application Tuning
Sub-Objective: Use the SQL Tuning Advisor
Single Answer, Multiple Choice
You want to use SQL Profile APIs. Which system privilege is not required to use SQL profile APIs?
- CREATE SQL PROFILE
- DROP ANY SQL PROFILE
- ALTER ANY SQL PROFILE
- CREATE ANY SQL PROFILE
A. CREATE SQL PROFILE
The CREATE SQL PROFILE privilege is an invalid system privilege and is not required to use SQL Profile APIs. The correct privilege is CREATE ANY SQL PROFILE, which is used to create a SQL profile.
SQL profiles are managed through the DBMS_SQLTUNE package. To use SQL Profile APIs, you require the following system privileges:
- DROP ANY SQL PROFILE is used to drop a SQL Profile.
- ALTER ANY SQL PROFILE is used to alter the attributes of a SQL Profile.
- CREATE ANY SQL PROFILE is used to create a SQL Profile.
1. Oracle University – Oracle Database 10g: New Features for Administrators – Application Tuning
2. Oracle University – Oracle Database 10g: New Features for Administrators – Application Tuning
3. Oracle Database Performance Tuning Guide
10g Release 2 (10.2)
Part Number B14211-01
Chapter: 12 Automatic SQL Tuning
Topic: 12.4 SQL Profiles