The Virtual Interactive Educational World for HR
Aurora, Ontario — Dec. 4
HR.com is launching the first virtual and online conference designed for HR professionals, including specialists in benefits, sourcing, HRO, compensation, incentives, training, consumer-directed health care and staffing. Attendance is complimentary for all HR professionals.
The first event in December has been designed to launch the idea to HR professionals and to encourage HR vendors to participate.
More than 2,000 attendees are expected to attend, and there are over 70 exhibitors with booths in the virtual expo. Additionally, more than 40 industry thought leaders will be providing workshops, expert chats and panel discussions.
Debbie McGrath, CEO of HR.com, says, “When we polled our members, an overwhelming majority told us they wanted to have the conference and trade show experience available to them online. They really liked the idea of being able to interact with vendors without having to travel and to have the ability to attend workshops and network with peers. For many executives, their scarcest resource is time, so the idea of attending a full conference and expo from the convenience of their office was extremely favorable.”
Media sponsors partnering with HR.com on the premiere VIEW event include: IHRIM (The International Association for Human Resource Information), CDHC (Consumer Directed Healthcare) Solutions, BC (Benefit & Compensation) Solutions, HRO (Human Resource Outsourcing) Today, Human Resource Executive, Kennedy Information, and IBI (The Integrated Benefits Institute).
Vendors participate in VIEW because they can:
- Design their own booths using a point-and-click booth-builder application.
- Staff their booths without leaving the office. Booth staff can continue to respond to e-mail and work on other items while they are also working at the show.
- Provide the most up to date and compelling information to attendees on their firm’s products and services, plus any career opportunities they’d like to highlight.
- Enjoy a huge ROI with a booth at VIEW vs. a physical event. With VIEW, companies do not have to ship a booth, pay airfare, accommodation and meals for booth staff; or all the associated trade show costs (Internet, drayage, vacuuming, etc.) — these simply disappear with an online show, saving companies many thousands of dollars.
- Meet a very targeted audience of senior HR decision makers who are interested in their firm’s products and services, due to the tightly focused nature of the weekly virtual conferences in 2008.
- Obtain detailed, real-time reporting throughout the show. The reports tell sponsors who visited their booth, what they looked at, how long they stayed, their business card information and complete transcripts of any chats that occurred.
- Design more meaningful follow-ups with show attendees, based on the detailed reporting they receive.
For the premiere launch of VIEW on Dec. 12 and 13, a big event is planned, with more than 40 scheduled presentations (both live and prerecorded) in nine tracks: technology, staffing, sourcing, HRO, compensation and rewards, benefits, CDHC, retirement planning and financial education, and training and organizational development. HR.com is encouraging its entire audience to see the power of these online conferences and how they can be scaled to meet the specific needs of each unique market area within this vast space.
Debbie McGrath also notes, “Among the speakers at the December event are Carly Fiorina, Keith Ferrazzi, Marcus Buckingham and Kenny Moore. We’ve managed to attract the top talent in the HR space to present at this show in order to help us launch this brand new concept to the industry. The overwhelming success of our unique presentation style allows us to offer live and prerecorded presentations, along with Q&A, panel discussions, and expert chats to our attendees, as well as networking and a vendor expo throughout the show. The opportunities for our speakers to impart their knowledge and expertise, as well as to ‘get the word out’ to the thousands of executives in the HR space is just mind-boggling.”
Admission to VIEW is free for all HR professionals. In addition to all the educational sessions, VIEW attendees are able to network with hundreds of their peers, “hang out” in the virtual lounge, earn valuable points toward show prizes, and visit and interact with hundreds of HR industry exhibitors.
In 2008, there are 42 virtual conferences scheduled that will run for one day, each focusing on a narrowly defined topic. Topics range from compliance and legal issues to global recruitment and mergers and acquisitions. For a complete listing, go to www.hr.com/view and click on 2008 Schedule.