Test Yourself on MCSD Exam #70-316
As one of the two options for the Windows application development requirement in the Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) track, Microsoft exam #70-316, Developing and Implementing Windows-Based Applications With Microsoft Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, tests the candidate’s ability to develop and implement Windows-based applications using the Microsoft .NET Framework. Exam #70-316 counts as one of the four core exams required for MCSD certification.
Whizlabs, an IT certification exam preparation company, recently launched an Exam Simulator for MCSD #70-316. The following quiz is an excerpt from the Exam Simulator. For more information, visit www.whizlabs.com/mcsd/70-316.html.
1. You are developing an ERP application for Custom Officer. You are working on the e-mail form of the Windows application. You use the TabControl control and want it to always fill the form. You also want the form to be resizable.
How can you efficiently implement this feature?
- A. Set the Anchor property of the TabControl control to Top, Bottom.
- B. Set the Dock property of the frmIssueDescription form to Fill.
- C. Set the Dock property of the TabControl control to Left, and set the Anchor property to Right.
- D. Set the Dock property of the TabControl control to Fill.
2. How should a parameter be passed to a method, if a method is to return more than a single value?
- A. By value
- B. By reference
- C. As output parameter
- D. Optional parameter
3. As an application developer, you are developing the virus protection program. This program should run in the background on the computer. You want to keep this program into the Status area as an icon. When a user double-clicks the icon, the program should display options related to its functionality.
Which class will you use to specify a component that creates an icon in the status area?
- A. Icon class
- B. NotifyIcon Class
- C. ImageList
- D. StatusBar
4. Which of the following events is best suitable to validate the data?
- A. KeyUp
- B. Validated
- C. Validating
- D. LostFocus
5. You have created a Class Library of Custom User controls and Forms. You want to use this class library as the foundation for your Windows application project. How can you reference it?
- A. In the class View, right click on the project and select “Add Inherited Control” for user controls or select “Add Inherited Form” for Forms. Name the component and click Open. Select component in the inheritance picker dialog box.
- B. In the Solution Explorer, right-click on the project and select “Add Inherited Control” for user controls or select “Add Inherited Form” for Forms. Name the component and click Open. Select component in the inheritance picker dialog box.
- C. From the Menu select “Project | Add Inherited Control” for user controls or select “ Project | Add Inherited Form” for forms. Name the component and click Open. Select component in the inheritance picker dialog box.
- D. From the Menu select “Build | Add Inherited Control” for user controls or select “ Build | Add Inherited Form” for forms. Name the component and click Open. Select component in the inheritance picker dialog box.
6. Your company has a series of in-house and third-party “mission-critical” ActiveX Controls used in development. How can you implement them in your Visual Basic .NET project?
- A. ActiveX Technology is not interoperable with .NET.
- B. From the menu, select “Edit | Customized Toolbox …”. In the Customized toolbox dialog box, registered ActiveX controls will be listed in the COM Components Tab. Check it, click OK and then add it to the form by dragging and dropping it from the toolbox.
- C. Right-click on the toolbox and select “Customized Toolbox …” from the pop-up menu. In the Customized toolbox dialog box, registered ActiveX controls will be listed in the COM Components Tab. Check it, click OK and then add it to the form by dragging and dropping it from the toolbox.
- D. Use System.ActiveX Namespace to use ActiveX controls.
7. What happens when you assign the same access key to more than one menu item in the same menu group?
- A. Nothing happens.
- B. You cannot assign the same access key to more than one menu item.
- C. Pressing the access key will switch between the items with the same access key, and the user must press ENTER to select the item.
- D. If this access key is used, the first item in the menu that has the access key assigned to it will be selected.
8. You use Visual Studio .NET to create a Windows-based application that will track Gsoft sales. The application’s main object is named SLP. The SLP class is created by the following definition:
public class SLP
You write code that sets properties for the SLP class. This code must be executed as soon as an instance of the SLP class is created. Now you need to create a procedure in which you can place your code. Which code segment should you use?
- A. public SLP ()
- B. public void SLP ()
- C. public bool SLP ()
- D. public Sub SLP ()
9. You develop a Windows-based application for ShippingEx to track shipment. The application stores and retrieves data by using a Microsoft SQL Server database.
You will use the SQL Client managed provider to connect and send commands to the database. You use integrated security to authenticate users. Your server is called ShippingExSQLServer and the database name is TrackShipping.
You need to set the connection string property of the SQL Connection object.
Which code segment should you use?
- A. “Data Source= ShippingExSQLServer;
- Initial Catalog=TrackShipping”
- B. “Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Data Source= ShippingExSQLServer;
- Initial Catalog= TrackShipping “
- C. “Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Source= ShippingExSQLServer;
- Initial Catalog= TrackShipping “
- D. “Provider=MSDASQL;Data Source= ShippingExSQLServer;
- Initial Catalog= TrackShipping “
10. You are creating an application for a stock brokerage firm, which interacts with another, older system. The old system uses SQL Server 6.0, whereas your new application uses SQL Server 2000. In the code that interacts with the older version of SQL Server, which data provider would you use?
- A. OLEDB.Net Data provider
- B. SQLServer.Net provider
- C. Custom provider
- D. Self-built provider
11. You use Visual Studio .NET to develop a Windows-based application that interacts with a Microsoft SQL Server database. Your application contains a form named EmployeeForm. You add the following design-time components to the form:
- SqlConnection object named EmpConnection.
- SqlDataAdapter object named EmpDataAdapter.
- DataSet object named EmpDataSet.
- Five TextBox controls to hold the values exposed by EmpDataSet.
At design time, you set the DataBindings properties of each TextBox control to the appropriate column in the DataTable object of EmpDataSet. When you test the application, you can successfully connect to the database. However, no data is displayed in any text boxes.
You need to modify your application code to ensure that data is displayed appropriately. Which behavior should occur while the EmplpoyeeForm.Load event handler is running?
- A. Execute the BeginInit method of EmpDataSet.
- B. Execute the Open method of EmpConnection.
- C. Execute the FillSchema method of EmpDataAdapter and pass in EmpDataSet.
- D. Execute the Fill method of EmpDataAdapter and pass in EmpDataSet.
12. You use Visual Studio .NET to develop a Windows-based application for a women’s college. Your application will display student’s information from a Microsoft SQL Server database. The information will be displayed on a Windows