Test your knowledge of CompTIA A+ (220-1001) topics
To become CompTIA A+ certified, a candidate has to pass two vendor-neutral exams. The current iterations of those exams are called Exam Core 1 (220-1001) and Exam Core 2 (220-1002). Launched last year, Exam Core 1 consists of a maximum of 90 questions that must be answered in 90 minutes with a passing score of 675 (on a scale from 100 to 900), and is priced at $219.
How well do you know the basics of computing concepts? What follows is a self-test of 25 questions based on the general concepts and topics from the exam. In all cases, pick the best answer(s) to each question. The answers appear at the end of the questions. Good luck!
1. A hard drive system needs three key components – the controller, the hard disk, and which of the following?
2. Which of the following types of cache is shared between cores on a multicore processor?
3. Which Syslog severity level is used for critical errors – major issues in the system?
4. Which of the following is a functional subset of a motherboard’s chipset that manages high-speed peripheral communications?
B. Front-side bus (FSB)
C. Back-side bus (BSB)
5. What is the storage capacity of a single-sided, single-layer, Blu-Ray BD-R/RE disc?
A. 4.7 GB
B. 9.4 GB
C. 17.1 GB
D. 25 GB
6. Which component of a 3-D printer releases the plastic filament in a liquid form and deposits it on a printing platform while adding successive layers?
7. Within the world of cloud computing, rapid elasticity is an important feature often linked with what type of subscription?
A. Measured procurement
8. Which of the following is the most common expansion slot architecture used by motherboards?
9. Power supply units carry electricity of a certain voltage through wires known as:
10. Adhering to the 568A wiring standard, what color is the wire associated with pin #8?
11. The M.2 specification supports what USB specifications?
B. 1.0 and newer
C. 2.0 and newer
D. 3.0 and newer
12. The successor to BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is which of the following?
13. What is the storage capacity of a single-sided, dual-layer, DVD+R?
A. 8.5 GB
B. 17.1 GB
C. 25 GB
D. 50 GB
14. The SMB protocol was enhanced by Microsoft for better sharing of files and printers between computers (regardless of which operating system they run). Which of the following is that enhancement to SMB?
15. A new laptop is being marketed as a 2-in-1 device. When it is folded into tablet mode, what likely becomes of the keyboard?
A. It is disabled
B. It continues to function
C. It becomes hidden
D. It locks at a 90-degree angle
Please visit GoCertify to attempt the remaining 10 questions of this quiz.