Taking further stock of your CompTIA Network+ knowledge
In our last two installments, we started the first parts of a self-test practice assessment based on the CompTIA Network+ (N10-006) certification exam. We looked first at 22 questions about topics beneath the Network Architecture domain, and then at 20 questions on Network Operations.
This time around, we continue to mirror the actual weighting of the CompTIA exam with 24 questions about Troubleshooting. (The final installment in the series will consist of 34 questions that combine the Network Security and Industry Standards, Practices and Network Theory domains.) Good luck!
1. The output of which command is shown in the display below?
A. arp -a
B. ipconfig /all
C. nbtstat -a
2. The output of which command is shown in the display below?
A. dig gocertify.com
B. ping gocertify.com
C. tracert gocertify.com
D. echo gocertify.com
3. You need to add a static route on the Linux server to the routing table. The route you want to add is to 188.8.131.52 with a subnet mask of /24 and a next hop of 192.168.1.1.
Which of the following commands will accomplish this?
A. route add 184.108.40.206/24 192.168.1.1
B. route add 192.168.1.1 220.127.116.11/24
C. route –a 192.168.1.1 18.104.22.168
D. add route 192.168.1.1 /24 22.214.171.124
4. As the network administrator, you want to see the IPv6 path through a network and a number of vendors and platforms differ in what you use to accomplish this. Which of the following is not a valid option for use with IPv6?
C. traceroute -6
5. Which of the following is a piece of troubleshooting equipment that can be used to check a phone line for a dial tone and connect to a 66 block or 110 block?
A. Butt set
C. Toner probe
D. Cable certifier
6. Which of the following is used to attached an RJ45 connector to the end of a cable?
7. You need to borrow a tool to troubleshoot a potential problem with a fiber optic cable. You want to interconnect a transmit fiber with a receive fiber and verity that all is functional. What type of tool should you use?
B. Loopback plug
D. Looking glass
8. All of the workstations in your office are running Windows 7 Enterprise and you want to display protocol statistics and current TCP/IP connections using NBT (NetBIOS over TCP/IP). When you enter the command nbtstat without parameters, what is displayed?
A. The local machine’s name table
B. The local machine’s sessions table
C. The cache of remote names and their IP addresses
D. The help options
9. The output of which command is shown in the display below?
10. Which of the following commands can be used to resolve an FQDN into an IP address?
11. You are trying to figure out a particularly troublesome short that seems to appear at random and want to ping a remote host repeatedly until you choose to stop it from doing so by pressing Ctrl+C. Which option can be used with the ping utility to tell it to keep working until stopped?
12. Which of the following options tells the pathping utility to not resolve addresses to hostnames?
13. You have been told to baseline everything. To assist with this, you want to access a server on the internet that will view the routing information from the perspective of that server. Which of the following types of sites will allow you to accomplish this?
A. Echo wall
B. Glass onion
C. Looking glass
D. Hand mirror
14. You are trying to explain the troubleshooting methodology to a junior administrator but he is questioning the validity of it. Which of the following steps falls beneath the “Establish a theory of probable cause” step?
A. Verify full system functionality
B. Determine if anything has changed
C. Consider multiple approaches
D. Test the theory to determine cause