Questions derived from the 1Z0-141 – Oracle Forms: Build Internet Applications Oracle Self-Test Software Practice Test.
Objective: Running a Forms Developer Application
SubObjective: Insert, update and delete records
Item Number: 1Z0-22.214.171.124
Single Answer, Multiple Choice
You are entering receipts for materials received in the RECEIPTS form and want the information to be made permanent in the database. You select Action Save from the menu. What is the result?
- You are prompted to either save or undo the changes made in the form.
- A rollback is performed.
- The data modifications you made in the form are committed to the database.
- Your form is closed, and all changes are discarded.
C. The data modifications you made in the form are committed to the database.
The data modifications you made in the form are committed to the database. When entering receipts for material received in the RECEIPTS form, you are performing an insert. Inserts, updates and deletes are committed to the database by saving the transaction. This is done by selecting Action Save from the menu or by clicking Save in the menu toolbar.
You are not prompted to either save or discard your changes. This would occur if you attempted to exit the form and had changes still pending. To make the changes permanent, you must save them before exiting the form. You cannot exit if you have modifications pending that have not been saved.
A rollback is not performed. A rollback is performed when you select Action Clear All from the menu. When a rollback occurs, all pending changes, including inserts, updates, and deletes, are discarded.
Your form is not closed and all the changes discarded. Selecting Action Save saves the transaction but does not close the form.
1. Oracle University – Oracle9i Forms Developer: Build Internet Applications – Chapter 2: Running a Forms Developer Application – Making Changes Permanent
2. Oracle University – Oracle Forms Developer 10g: Build Internet Applications – Chapter 2: Running a Forms Developer Application – Making Changes Permanent