Pink Elephant Announces ITIL Award Winners
Toronto — March 10
Pink Elephant announced the winners of the ITIL Awards, presented at the recent 13th annual International IT Service Management Conference and Exhibition in Las Vegas.
The awards honor the best in five categories: ITIL Project of the Year; ITIL Practitioner of the Year; ITIL Case Study of the Year; Pink Elephant Student of the Year; and Innovation of the Year.
- ITIL Project of the Year: OhioHealth – Access Management.
- ITIL Practitioner of the Year: Henry White, Director, IT Global Operations and Excellence in Operations for Cisco Systems Inc.
- ITIL Case Study of the Year: This award was presented to Pete Corrigan, vice president of infrastructure services for Allstate Insurance. Allstate is also past winner of the Project of the Year award. In his session, “ITIL: From Strategy to Execution,” Corrigan shared how he and his team successfully achieved increased availability, reliability and maintainability through adoption of ITIL’s service framework.
- Pink Elephant Student of the Year: This is presented to the Pink student with the highest exam score in the ITIL Service Manager course. The winners, who tied, are John Daly, project manager for Cisco Systems Inc., and Monica Dragan, business and process architect for CGI.
- Innovation of the Year: Digital Fuel for Service Flow version 6.
“For years, Pink Elephant has worked diligently to increase awareness of ITIL’s best practice framework on a global scale,” said George Spalding, Pink Elephant vice president. “Part of this work has included the introduction of an awards program to further illustrate and promote ITIL’s benefits. While competition was fierce, this year’s winners truly exemplify the best ITIL has to offer. Congratulations to all.”
Nominations are now being accepted for the next awards, presented at the 14th annual International IT Service Management Conference and Exhibition, taking place Feb. 21-24, 2010 at the Bellagio in Las Vegas.
A nomination form is available on Pink Elephant’s Web site and must be submitted by Dec. 11, 2009. Case study proposals are also being accepted. For more information about the 2010 conference, visit www.pinkelephant.com/ITM10.