Paltalk Series Addresses the Next-Generation Internet
New York — March 16
Paltalk, a real-time, video-based community with more than 4 million active members, presents “Transforming the Web Into Your Web,” the final hour program in its engaging three-part TechNow Network series. This free, live interactive Web video event features IT visionary Melih Abdulhayoglu, CEO and chief security architect at Comodo, who offers expert opinion on the evolution of next-generation Internet and the critical role of the “human factor.”
TechNow invites online viewers to join this open interactive forum, which will be hosted by Henry Blodget, IT industry analyst CEO at Silicon Valley Insider and will air Thursday March 19 at 3 p.m. ET in Paltalk's TechNow web video showroom.
Paltalk hosts this conversation with Abdulhayoglu at a pivotal moment in the evolution of the Web. He brings an authoritative voice to the discussion, identifying the powerful opportunities and the challenges of this new paradigm. Discussion will center on alternate visions for the next-generation Internet as it creates a more personal “human factor” Web. New ideas will also be presented including Comodo's concept of Social Authentication, whereby the community verifies the trustworthiness of information.
“While no one knows for certain where next-generation Internet will land, there is no question we've moved beyond being satisfied with typing a few words in a simple search box for a generic list of results,” said Judy Shapiro, Paltalk's senior vice president of sales and marketing. “Although the components of a more personalized Web experience are still being developed, what is clear is that as we move towards the creation of a next generation Web, the human factor must be at the heart of the conversation.”
Talking points during the event will include:
- Explanation of some of the technologies being developed in conjunction with the next-generation Web, including semantic technologies, intelligent agents, 3-D, pervasive, media-centric, etc.
- Description of the potential and benefits of Web 3.0 for everyday people.
- A vision for how to leverage the intelligence of people within a social authentication framework, as defined by Comodo.
- A functional model of how next-gen Web technologies will combine to deliver this “personal” Web.
- An introduction to the concept of a trust and authentication layer that will need to be woven into connected community, e-commerce and communications networks.
“As a leading social network, the Paltalk community is at the heart of this evolution,” said Shapiro. “We are progressing towards a more personal experience and striving to do everything possible to create an environment that is highly personal, safe and trusted.”
Access the event at http://TechNow.Paltalk.com. To submit a question for the event, visit http://TechNow.Paltalk.com/crashdummies.