Keep your skills sharp: CompTIA Network+ review Part 4 of 4
In three previous installments covering this topic, we walked through the first parts of a self-test review based on the CompTIA Network+ (N10-006) certification exam. We looked first at 22 questions about topics beneath the Network Architecture domain, then turned to 20 questions on Network Operations, and then 24 questions on Troubleshooting.
To complete our review journey, this time around we continue to mirror the actual weighting of the CompTIA exam with 34 questions combining the Network Security and Industry Standards, Practices and Network Theory domains.
The answers follow at the end of the questions. Good luck!
1. Which of the following is an approach to threat management that combines multiple security-related products (anti-virus software, IPS, etc.) into a single management console?
2. In your newly reconfigured wireless network, you want to only use devices that don’t emit any significant amounts of EMI or RFI. To accomplish this, you should purchase only devices that have what certification?
3. Wireless security is very important to your organization. Which of the following is a set of advanced MIMO technologies intended to enhance communications commands?
4. You have been ordered to bring in a group of consultants to help physically secure network resources and want to make sure you are all speaking the same language. Which of the following references the primary wiring closet for a network (holding the majority of the network gear, including routers, switches, wiring, servers, and more)?
5. Which of the following is the process of securing all the data needed for legal proceedings?
B. Chain of custody
C. Legal hold
D. Uncompromising evidence
6. The discovery process used in conjunction with the legal system as it pertains to data in an electronic format is known as:
7. A system in which the whole is divided into many parts – the best example of which is using multiple computers to work together and appear to the user as a single entity – is known as:
8. What is a method of multiplexing in which different signals operate at different speeds (such as cable modems allowing for different speeds of uploading and downloading)?
9. Which of the following is a parameter used in data and voice to differentiate the types of payloads being transmitted?
10. You are explaining security terminology to a group of fellow administrators and are asked what to call an unauthorized person in a network, undetected, for an exceedingly long period of time. The correct answer is:
11. Since the new vice president of information security was hired, all he talks about is four A’s (AAAA).What is this commonly referencing?
A. Authentication, authorization, accounting, and address
B. Authentication, accounting, addressing, and approval
C. Authentication, agreement, approval, and accounting
D. Addressing, accounting, approving, and agreement
12. A security audit has revealed that several legacy servers still listen for, and would accept, TFTP traffic. By default, what port does this protocol use?
13. Which symmetric encryption algorithm uses three 56-bit DES keys?
14. One of the most common hashing algorithms in use is MD5. How large are the hash digests it creates?
15. In an effort to bolster security, you require every user to have a password that is at least 10 characters long and change it every ninety days. Unfortunately, a number of users with less than perfect memories have taken to writing their new passwords down on business cards when they change them and throwing the cards away days later after they’ve memorized the new values. What type of attack tactic does this make your network susceptible to?
A. Brute force
D. Dumpster diving
16. One of your interns was doing an inventory of hardware in the main floor lab and came across something they have not seen before. It is a USB adapter plugging in between the USB keyboard and the USB port of one of the lab machines. Since it is USB-to-USB, it does not seem to fulfill any purpose. Assuming the worst, what is this adapter most likely to be?
A. Trojan horse
B. Power connector
17. A variant of a DoS attack that allows the attacker to initiate more than one TCP session and bring the system down by never completing the handshake routines uses what type of segments?
18. What is the biggest difference between a patch and an update?
A. The terms are synonymous
B. A patch fixes something while an update also adds a feature
C. An update fixes something while a patch also adds a feature
D. Some vendors issue only patches while others issue only updates
19. While there is overlap between all of them, which of the following is a formal document that defines work activities to be performed for a client:
20. An agreement between a customer and provider detailing the level of service to be provided on a regular basis and in the event of problems is known as a(n)?
A. memorandum of understanding
B. service level agreement
C. master service agreement
D. statement of work
21. You want to clean up the aesthetics of wiring throughout the historic building your company occupies. Some wiring needs to run overhead and reconfiguration may be a common thing. You know for certain that it is too costly to run wiring through pipe, walls, and other building fixtures Which of the following should you consider?
B. Plenum wiring
C. Cable trays
D. SCADA systems
22. What is the major drawback to gas-based fire suppression systems?
A. Fire codes
B. Margin of error
D. They require sealed environments to operate.
23. What type of fire extinguishers are used for electrical fires?
A. Type A
B. Type B
C. Type C
D. Type D
24. Which of the following statement is true?
A. A dedicated ground has multiple outlets connected to it so that a spike sent to ground from one of the devices can adversely affect another device.
B. A dedicated ground has only the one outlet connected to it so that a spike sent to ground from one device does not adversely affect another device.
C. A dedicated ground has multiple outlets connected to it but each is dedicated so a spike sent to ground from one of the devices cannot adversely affect another device.
D. A dedicated ground should not be used for sensitive devices.