Questions derived from the CISSP – CISSP ISC2 Self-Test Software Practice Test.
Objective: Information Security and Risk Management
SubObjective: Understand professional ethics
Item Number: CISSP.5.18.2
Single Answer, Multiple Choice
Which statement is true of trade secret law?
- Trade secret law involves protection of an idea’s expression.
- Trade secret law protects information that is vital to a company’s survival and profitability.
- Trade secret law involves protection of either a word or a symbol that is used to represent the company.
- Trade secret law promotes the use of information between different companies to ensure a homogeneous environment.
B. Trade secret law protects information that is vital to a company’s survival and profitability.
Trade secret law protects information that is vital to a company’s survival and profitability. Trade secret law preserves the proprietary information pertaining to a company’s business. Trade secrets provide a company with a competitive advantage. Special skill and talent is required to develop trade secrets. The Trade Secret Act qualifies company information as a trade secret only if the information fulfills the following conditions:
- The information must not be easily accessible.
- The information must have economic value for the company’s competitors.
- The information must be protected by the company using all reasonable means.
The following are examples of company trade secrets:
- Customer identities and preferences
- Product pricing
- Marketing strategies
- Company finances
Please log in or subscribe to read this article