These questions are based on 642-822 – Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1.
Objective: Implement a small switched network
Sub-Objective: Perform, save and verify initial switch configuration tasks, including remote access management
Single Answer, Multiple Choice
Which Cisco IOS command enables a router to copy the IOS images from one router to another router?
- copy tftp flash
- copy flash tftp
- copy running-config flash
- copy startup-config flash
A. copy tftp flash
The copy tftp flash command enables a router to copy the IOS image from one router to another. One router acts as a TFTP server to the other in this process.
The following illustrates the steps to copy an image from Router A to Router B:
- Verify the connectivity between Router A and Router B using the ping command.
- Check the image size on both of the routers with the show flash command to verify that enough space exists on Router B.
- Configure Router A as the TFTP server using the configure terminal command. Use the tftp-server flash [partition-number:]filename1 [alias filename2] [access-list-number] command to define the path to the system image that needs to transferred. There can be multiple entries for multiple images.
- Copy the image from Router A to Router B using the copy tftp flash command.
- Verify the Flash for the copied new image on Router B with the show flash command.
All of the other options are incorrect because they are not valid Cisco commands.