Questions derived from the 640-863 – Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions Exam Cisco Self-Test Software Practice Test.
Objective: Identify voice networking considerations
SubObjective: Describe Cisco IP telephony
Item Number: 640-818.104.22.168
Single Answer, Multiple Choice
What is the maximum number of skinny client control protocol (SCCP) IP phones per cluster supported by the Cisco IP telephony multisite distributed wide area network (WAN) call processing deployment model?
The maximum number of SCCP IP phones per cluster supported by the Cisco IP telephony multisite distributed WAN call processing deployment model is 30,000.
The multisite distributed WAN call processing deployment model is used for large enterprises with several large locations. Following are the design characteristics for distributed WAN call processing deployment model:
- A maximum of 30,000 SCCP IP phones are supported per cluster.
- A maximum number of 500 H.323 devices are supported per CallManager cluster.
- Public switched telephone network (PSTN) can be used for all external calls.
- Digital signal processor (DSP) resources can be used for conferencing.
- Cisco unity servers are used for messaging.
- The model can be integrated with voicemail systems and legacy private branch exchange (PBX).
- The model can be used to provide high-bandwidth audio between devices in the same site and can be used to provide low-bandwidth audio between devices in different sites.
- The model provides 768 kbps or greater WAN link speeds.
Please log in or subscribe to read this article