How To Physically Prepare for Exam
Certification exams are often long and thorough endeavors that not only require dedication and hours of study, but at least eight hours of sleep and a substantial breakfast beforehand. Experts have said that looking after yourself—meaning getting enough rest and eating reasonably—are more important and effective than trying to do some last-minute cramming. Here are some pointers to ensure that you are putting your best foot forward on exam day.
- Formulate a plan for the day before the exam. On exam-eve, don’t jam your schedule with a bunch of activities and work. Try to conserve your energy for the exam. This means you shouldn’t force-feed yourself caffeine until dawn to cram for the exam, go out for an all-night bar crawl with your friends or run a marathon the day before.
- Don’t wake up too early on exam day. This will just make you more tired. Try waking up at a reasonable hour because too much sleep is just as bad as not enough sleep.
- Before the exam, relax, relax, relax! Eat a substantial breakfast, as to ensure that hunger pangs don’t distract you during the exam. Also, don’t drink too much liquid: No one wants to leave numerous times during an exam to use the bathroom. If you have some spare time before the exam, don’t feel tempted to cram in any more studying, simply look over a few key points. Instead, treat yourself to a relaxing bath or stroll through you neighborhood because it is a great way to diminish the natural anxiety that comes with test taking.
- Make sure you allow yourself enough time to get to the exam location. But don’t arrive too early because tension and anxiety levels will definitely rise while waiting for the exam to begin.
- Finally, remember it is just an exam, it is not as if you are trying to save the world!