Can Security Impact Your Career?
Wednesday, August 13, 2003 11 am PT / 2 pm ET
With the increase of technology-related criminal activities, the need and demand for securing information is becoming more and more critical. The July issue of Certification Magazine reported that ninety percent of large corporations and governmental agencies experienced security breaches within the past two months. CompTIA’s security survey reported that human error, not technical malfunction, was the most significant cause of IT security breaches. As an IT professional, how can you certify yourself to capitalize on the growing need for information security in your field?
Join Certification Magazine, Capella University, (ISC)2, and CompTIA for this FREE 1-hour e-seminar as we discuss how to become the ideal security professional.
Our panel of experts will be discussing:
- What you can do to get into the field of IT security.
- Employer needs and self-evaluation.
- Evaluating the best practices for information security.
- Defining different roles and different levels of IT security professionals.
- Security standards and certifications.
- Kurt Linberg PhD, Dean of the School of Technology, Capella University
- Harry DeMaio, Retired Director of the Board, (ISC)2
- Jeff Recor, President and CEO, Olympus Security Group, Inc