About InfoSec Briefings
Welcome to this first issue of the Certification Magazine Information Security newsletter, your source for news and information about the most active sector in the IT industry at present. In our twice-monthly newsletters, you’ll find the following elements:
- News items: news and current events on security topics of interest to IT professionals of all kinds, including pointers to more details and information.
- Security spotlight: a short, snappy overview on an important security topic, technology, or tool that explains basic principles, important implications, or positive or negative values involved.
- Hot Stuff: a brief overview of some new, cool security product or service that attracting attention from IT and information security professionals.
- Certifiably Secure: a snapshot of one of the many vendor-neutral or vendor-specific security certifications that populate this landscape.
- Career Issues: an occasional feature, with coverage of key career development tools, salary or job surveys, and other items of interest to those who work (or want to work) in information security positions.
- Ask the Expert: Quick, pointed Q&A on topics of interest to infosec professionals, or wannabes.
Ed Tittel, president of LANWrights, Inc., and a well-known author and columnist on information security and certification topics, will be the editor of this newsletter. Send your comments, questions, or input to him at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org .